Wednesday, April 04, 2007

All Dogs go to Heaven

I received this email today:


"It is with the greatest of sadness and heaviest of hearts I am to inform you; Sherman passed away today. Sherman would have turned 16 on April 27th.

Sherman has lived a wonderful life, surrounded by many kind and caring people. I am fortunate to have been with so many generous people who took Sherman into their lives and enriched his. Sherman touched many lives while living at 10 Orchard Lane, also known as "Sherman Manor".

To all those who took Sherman for walks, gave him treats, or just made him feel like family, I thank you so much.

I most of all would like to thank Greg for that fateful day at Shop-Rite. Thank you for bringing Sherman into my life and for all the wonderful joy he has brought me over the years. It would be impossible to repay you for that.

Love to you all,
Dan"



Even though I haven't seen Sherman in at least about 7 years, this depresses me more than you might imagine. Sherman may not have been "my dog", but he provided me with endless smiles, helped me through hard times, shared my best times and loved me as any pet should: unconditionally. Sherman meant more to me than I realized until today. So good bye, Sherman Tyrell. Know that there'll always be an ice pack if you want one, a jar of peanut better for the roof of your mouth and that all dogs, indeed, go to Heaven.


Sherman Tyrell
April 27, 1991-April 4, 2007
Rest in Peace

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn;
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.


4 comments:

mineIsay said...

here's a moment of silence for Sherman.











-ly

honeykbee said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Thank you Vader
Emperor and Mara Jade

Beakerz said...

I'm sorry. Lost 2 myself.

Big hug